Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lunch in a Blizzard

At the time I posted my first blog, we were just starting to get the biggest snow of the winter so far.  On Friday we were having a real snow storm.  Some of the ladies and I had planned to go into town for lunch that day and decided that blizzard or no blizzard, we were still going.  Even though I had driven on the snow and ice before we left for the holidays, I had never driven in a blizzard and decided against driving that day.  Good thing, as it was crazy.  I rode with a lady who's lived here for 5 years and was used to it.  A lot of the traffic lights were out and we saw several fender benders on our way there.  The restaurant we went to is called Old Friend Cafe or Старый друг Кафе for my Russian speaking friends.


The restaurant was small, just a few tables, and had typical Russian food.  Here are just a few of the interesting decorations on the wall.  We sat at a table right under these guys:



One of the ladies had a birthday the next day, so someone brought a cake for her.  It was a nice lunch and the first time I had been to this restaurant.

  
We were in the restaurant for less than two hours but had major car cleaning to do before we could drive home (still in the blizzard).




Love to you all!


Karen





No comments:

Post a Comment