Saturday, May 7, 2011

Slushy Yuzhno

I'm still working on blogging about our Vietnam trip and will have Days 3 & 4 completed today.  I just wanted to insert one about slushy Yuzhno.

A little over a week ago just about all of the snow had melted and I was convinced spring/summer was just around the corner.  Then last weekend it snowed for almost the entire weekend.  It then warmed right back up so of course the snow started melting pretty quickly.

In our housing complex, Zima, it's hilly so the snow melts and drains away nicely.  Plus, the complex is very well maintained.  Not quite the same in town.  I needed to go shopping in town last Tuesday and because it wasn't really that cold and the snow was melting, it was a slushy, mushy mess.

I had to walk down this sidewalk to a crossing area to get to the other side of this busy road.  Quite tricky.  Good thing I wore my snow boots that day.  They do plow the roads, but they just pile the snow up along the side and cars have to park in it.


 In this next picture you can see that the road looks almost like a river.  Most of the roads aren't this bad, but there are a lot of pot holes and puddles everywhere and your car gets splashed with muddy water constantly.  My windshield was splashed a number of times with dirty water from the cars speeding past me.  Also in this picture you can see a turn off onto a side street.  That's where I had to park.  I was getting into my car and a car sped by and splashed muddy water all over me.  Such is life in the spring in Yuzhno.


The good news is that now the snow has just about melted away, and once again, I'm hoping that spring/summer is really on the way.

Love to you all!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment